Monday 3 February 2014

One bowl Mocha bundt cake

I did not believe it when fellow bloggers told about how addictive bundt pans are. As the new owner of a couple of bundt pans, I now see myself fascinated by them more than any other pan in my shelf.

I did a quick search on my fellow bloggers recipes for bundt pans. I narrowed down on Divya's recipe and used it verbatim.

One-bowl Mocha Bundt Cake

Ingredients

Brown Sugar - 1 cup
Butter - 60 gms,at room temperature
Egg - 1
Milk - 1/3 cup
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Instant coffee powder - 1 tsp
Cocoa powder - 1 tbsp
Cinnamon powder - 1/4 tsp

Method

Preheat oven to 180 degress C and flour a 6-cup bundt pan. 

In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and beat for 3-4 minutes. 


Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.

Let the cake cool in the tin,on a wire rack for 30 minutes.Loosen the edges and center and invert the cake on to the wire rack and let it cool further.

Slice and serve. 




Verdict: Easy simple recipe for a great tasting coffee cake. Serve with evening tea/coffee and devour the heady combination of coffee, cinnamon and cocoa.

priya's signature image at photobucket

No comments: