Friday 27 April 2012

Golden Yellow Bundt Cake


I now have a Bundt pan… Yippeee! That was my reaction when the silicone bundt pan I ordered from zansaar was delivered to me J


I had already collected a bunch of recipes from the blogs I follow. Making a choice on the first cake to bake in the bundt mold was very difficult ;). So many delicious recipes and that apprehension on trying something new… You understand the feeling, don’t you?

I chose a simple recipe but one that sounded delicious…

Golden Yellow Cake:


Recipe Source: Cakes and More
Ingredients:
2 ¼ cup flour
1 ½ cup table sugar
3 ½ tsp baking powder
½ cup + 1 tbsp butter, softened
1 cup milk, at room temperature
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence



Method:
This is the simplest mixing method I have every seen for a large cake. We do this usually for muffins/cupcakes.

In a large mixing bowl add all the ingredients together and beat half a minute on slow speed and then 3 minutes on high.

Pour into a prepared (greased and floured) bundt mold and bake at 170 C for 40 minutes or until a fork/skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. If the top starts browning too early, then cover with an aluminium foil cutting out a hole in the foil for the centre hole.

This is one heavy cake. Inspite of the claims that with ½ cup butter, we make a large cake the butter 
per serving portion is less, I found it way too sweet and heavy. The sugar can be reduced to 1 cup easily and it will taste better.

Verdict: Awesome looking cake and such and easy release from the pan. I was very apprehensive about removing the cake from the pan without it sticking to the sides. I could hardly resist myself until the cake cooled down completely. I used a wet towel at the base of the silicone pan. With the wet towel wrapped around the base and sides of the pan, I slowly loosened the sides of the pan to release the cake. Once I was sure the cake was completely loosened from the sides and bottom, I inverted the pan very carefully and released the mold. The beautiful bundt cake was then displayed proudly to folks at home :) 

The cake tasted very rich and the crumb was too good. As mentioned earlier, the sugar could have easily been reduced by 1/2 cup without impacting the taste.


priya's signature image at photobucket

No comments: